Friday, May 28, 2010

Compliments, Correction and Stewardship

Proverbs 27:2

          Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and
          not your own lips.

I was recently attended an awards banquet to honor educators. It was a celebration of work done on behalf of youth. It was a refreshing evening because it seemed that evening was more than willing to praise the work of their peers, rather than boast about their own accomplishments. Recognition from others triumphed over self-promotion.

Proverbs 27:17

          As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

I am grateful for the network of accountability that God has woven into my life. I have peers whom I speak to daily who hold me to my highest ideals. I have a personal coach who speaks words into my life. I even have the privilege of coaching someone. The discipline of having people speaking into my life and speaking into the lives of others makes me a better man.

Proverbs 27:18, 23-24

          He who tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who looks after his
          master will be honored. Be sure you know the condition of your
          flocks, give careful attention to your herds; for riches do not endure
          forever, and a crown is not secure for all generations.

Faithful stewardship over your possessions will ensure that you will have plenty in your time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment