Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lost and Found

Wisdom frantically searches for her children, like a parent who has lost their child in a huge mall or a public park. Wisdom calls out for her child, climbs to the highest place to get a better view where her child might be. She goes back to all the familiar places where her child usually plays. Nothing stops an anxious parent searching for her child until she is found, nothing.

Proverbs 8:1-2,17,34

          Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice?
          On the heights along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her
          stand;

All of this drama could be avoided if we would love and seek wisdom on a daily basis. If we would watch and wait at wisdoms door, she would be more than happy to lavish upon us all of her love and riches. We who were once sought by wisdom must become the seekers of wisdom.

Proverbs 8:17, 24

          ...I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me
          ... Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors,
          waiting at my doorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment