Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fathers Required

Proverbs 13:1

          A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker does not listen
          to rebuke.

The writer makes the assumption that everyone has a loving home with a father there to instruct, protect, and love his children. The fact of the matter is that today's broken society is missing dad. I often see a hunger for affirmation in the eyes of many young people I meet. I am thankful that when my father was not able to parent me, I had men in my church that stepped into my life to lead in the right path. I now that without such men in my life, things could have gone bad at an early age. Listen to this quote from Fathers.com

         Some fathering advocates would say that almost every social ill faced
         by America's children is related to fatherlessness. Six are noted here.
         As supported by the data below, children from fatherless homes are
         more likely to be poor, become involved in drug and alcohol abuse,
         drop out of school, and suffer from health and emotional problems.
         Boys are more likely to become involved in crime, and girls are more
         likely to become pregnant as teens.
http://www.fathers.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=391

No comments:

Post a Comment