Monday, February 15, 2010

Attitude Determines Altitude

Proverbs 15:13, 30
A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit... A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.


I had a professor who loved to say "Attitude determines altitude". I think he did that because his class was on Quantitative Analysis - business statistics - and he realized that his students did not readily share his enthusiasm for the subject. Like the Proverbs listed here, he understood that a positive disposition would make learning more palatable.

Some of us need to learn that celebration is okay. I grew up pretty task oriented. I didn't do things because I liked them; I did them because they had to be done. Having fun was not a priority to me. As I get older, I am embracing that life should be fun. In fact I enjoy my family and work so much that I probably work harder now, but don't realize it. A cheerful heart brings joy to whatever you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment