Sunday, February 21, 2010

God is Sovereign, Man is Responsible.

Proverbs 21:1-2, 30-31
The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases. All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart...There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD....The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD.

I do not live in a random unvierse, nor am I the captain of my own destiny. I am a created being living out the plans laid out for me by my benevolent Creator. He directs the powerful wherever he wishes, I never have to fear that my fate is ultimately in the hand of man. That is important to know when there is so much evil in the world and many suffer from the unjust actions of others. God redeems each event in life to accomplish his purpose. I can go to the Lord for wisom and insight. I submit my plans to him so that I will find myself a friend, rather than a foe of God. That which is in alignment with God's design for the world will succeed.
Proverbs 21:5
The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.

Living in the light of God's word does not make me a fatalist, nor leaves room for complacency. I am invited by my gracious God to plan, to take initiative, and to prosper in this world. God's sovereignty does not make human initiative null and void.

No comments:

Post a Comment