Monday, February 8, 2010

Do No Harm

Proverbs 8:33-36
Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it. Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death."

I have been mediating and preaching on the "Do no harm 90 day Challenge." The word that came to me is that often we do not know the right thing to do, but we can easily identify the wrong thing. So the challenge is to do no harm to ourselves in thought, word, and deed for 90 days. Financially, we are not to make decisions that will hurt us in the long run. Physically, we are not to eat in ways that harm our body. Spiritually, we are to listen to wisdom and follow her precepts. To fail to find wisdom is the greatest harm that one can do to oneself.

God intends good for His children, we must learn to not put up roadblocks to his gracious plans for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment