Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Listening Leadership

Why is it so hard to get advice? Is it our pride? Are we moving too fast? We know that good advice can save money, a reputation, and in some cases a life. As I read these words, they challenge the independent ways I do things. I have been the recipient of wise counsel lately. My job as a leader is greatly enhanced when I listen to the counsel around me.

May we listen and learn from these words in Proverbs 13

1 A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker does not listen to
 rebuke.

10 Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take
advice.

13 He who scorns instruction will pay for it, but he who respects a
command is rewarded.

14 The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, turning a man from the
snares of death.

15 Good understanding wins favor, but the way of the unfaithful is hard.

16 Every prudent man acts out of knowledge, but a fool exposes his folly.

20 He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment