Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Boasting, Bragging, and Brawling

Proverbs 27
1 Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.

So much of my time is spent living in the future, that I often forget about today. We need a present - day focus, a rigorous pursuit of what God has put in front of us today.


2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips.

If we are doing something praise worthy, someone will notice. This frees me from resume talk - letting everyone I meet  know everything I've done, so that they know how important I am.

5 Better is open rebuke than hidden love. 6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. 9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel. 17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

We are meant for open, honest relationships with worthy sources. The joy of true friendship is to know and be known, accepted, and challenged by another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment