Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Addiction

Proverbs 20
1 Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

Addiction wrecks havoc on everyone. Addiction occurs when you turn to something or someone else to cope with your difficulties. The “substance” can be drugs, alcohol, food, sex, work, your family or anything else that brings you comfort and release other than God. My drug is often times food. I eat when I am happy, I eat when I am sad, and I eat to pass time. It satisfies for the moment, but leads to lasting negative consequences. Instead of being led astray by “wine” or “beer,” God offers us wisdom in the Proverbs as our guide so that we will not be led astray.

Post your comments on this post or any theme that appears in today’s Proverb such as:
Hard work – verses 4 and 12
Honest work practices – verses 10, 14, 17, and 23
Vengeance – verse 22

No comments:

Post a Comment