Sunday, January 31, 2010

An Ode to My Wife

Proverbs 31:10-12, 27, 30
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

I HAVE FOUND A WIFE OF NOBLE CHARACTER. Over the last 20 years, 1 month, and 8 days, I have had the privilege of being married to a woman who has exemplified the virtues found in Proverbs 31. She has never tasted the bread of idleness; I have full confidence in her. She has only brought good and no harm to our family. She may be the exception to the beauty is fleeing rule, for she is more lovely today than when I first met her. A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. I praise you Nancy. I praise because you fear the Lord and seek him first in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment