Sunday, March 28, 2010

Confession Is Good For The Soul

Proverbs 28:13

          He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and
          renounces them finds mercy.

Confession is good for the soul. We live in a culture that does not acknowledge sin. I am tired of hearing yet another celebrity mea culpa over a "transgression" or "misstep". I wish someone would step up to the mike and simply say, "I am sorry, I have sinned against God and my family and with God's help will live differently ", and then just simply walk away. I fear that with all millions on the line that people are trying to do damage control in order to keep their endorsements, rather than enter into soul cleansing repentance - the acknowledgement of sin and turning from sin to God - many settle for avoidance or shallow apologies. True mercy and forgiveness comes to those who renounce their sin and choose to walk a different path.

No comments:

Post a Comment