Friday, March 26, 2010

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones...

Proverbs 26:2

          Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse
          does not come to rest.

As a parent, you hear alot of angst over the words of one sibling to another. "Mom, she called me a name", "He's bothering me!" and many other refrains. If it were not so annoying, it would be funny. Imagine, believing as an adult that we were controlled by what other people say. Ridiculous!?
 
I remember an incident when I was serving in a church when a missionary made a financial request. After listening to his request, I had to tell him that we could not fund his project. The next thing out of his mouth was, "I curse you for withholding from the Lord's work." To which I responded, " I don't receive that and you can take your curse with you as you leave." The curse was baseless.  An undeserved curse flutters away.
 
The words spoken over us that do not originate from the throne of God do not belong to us. We should not receive nor be controlled by controlled by the words of others
 
          Romans 3:4 - Let God be true though every one were a liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment