Sunday, March 21, 2010

eHarmony marriages

Proverbs 21

          9 Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house
             with a quarrelsome wife.

        19 Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and
             ill-tempered wife.

I have done a few eHarmony marriages. On average, 236 eHarmony members marry every day; that accounts for 2% of U.S. marriages.* eHarmony claims to use a scientific approach to matching singles based on using its 29 DIMENSIONS® model to match couples based on features of compatibility found in thousands of successful relationships. It places a needed emphasis on compatibility or shared vision in helping couples discern if they are right for each other.

I have found in my own marriage that many of the disagreement that reoccur have more to do with our personalities than being right or wrong. Knowing how my wife is wired helps me live with her in an understandable manner. It helps me to see that more times than not, my wife is not being difficult, she is merely living out of her make-up.

Marriage is a life-long commitment to living well with another person. Doing our homework on our spouse can pay dividends.

*2007 survey for eHarmony by Harris Interactive®

No comments:

Post a Comment