Monday, March 8, 2010

Search and Rescue

Proverbs 8:1-6
Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice? On the heights along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand; beside the gates leading into the city, at the entrances, she cries aloud: "To you, O men, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, gain understanding. Listen, for I have worthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right.

On my way into work I was thinking about a couple friends that have not been responsive lately. I feel like I have to do all the initiating and I have decided that they are not worth my investment anymore. I do believe there is a time that we should cut some people off, but I also believe that there are times that we have to pursue those going opposite God's wisdom. Wisdom calls out and makes her voice available to those who have long ago stopped listening. Perhaps we have to go on a search and rescue mission to those in our life who are perishing.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your comments about "friends that have not been responsive" & am learning that prayer must remain a key component of my search & rescue efforts -- for both friends & enemies.

    As I pray & seek God in His Word, He will give me His perspective on each relationship in my life ... & will help me to see & value others the way He does.

    If I dismiss someone that He wants me to pursue (or vice versa), I will not enjoy His perfect peace UNTIL I obey Him.

    ReplyDelete