Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pay Back Is... A Job for God

Proverbs 24:29

          Do not say, "I'll do to him as he has done to me;
          I'll pay that man back for what he did."
 
Deuteronomy 32:35
 
          It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time
          their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near
          and their doom rushes upon them."

Romans 12:19

          Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for
          God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge;
          I will repay," says the Lord.

I believe that payback belongs to the Lord for two reasons:

1. We are not very good at giving people what they really deserve God knows exactly what each persons.
2. When we engage in exacting vengeance, we get damaged in the process.

So, let's leave payback to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment